Realtors: Have difficulty telling your clients the truth?
Having difficulty telling your clients these truths
about their home?
1. Most buyers will likely NOT fall in love with your decor...for every one that loves that red living room , there will be 9 that won't. (Paint neutral. Lots of color can be incorporated into the room with cushions, artwork, a rug, window treatments and lots of other accessories.)
2. Most buyers CANNOT see beyond all your 'stuff'. (Less is more in this case. De-clutter and remove any excess furniture. Make sure the traffic flow is not impeded in any way.)
3. Most buyers will be distracted by any personal photos, collections, etc. (These things make it too personal and the potential buyer will have difficulty visualizing themselves living in your home. So pack it all up and get a head start for when your house does sell).
4. ALL buyers are turned off by unpleasant odors, especially pet and cigarette smells. (Don't mask with room fresheners, get rid of the odors. This may mean steam cleaning carpets, upholstery and draperies.)
5. Most buyers will notice how clean (or not) the house is. (Scrub, scrub, scrub everything!)
6. Most buyers will do a drive-by before deciding whether to look inside the house. (Curb appeal is huge.. that WOW factor outside will ensure the buyers are drawn to look inside the home.)
7. Most buyers today want, and are willing to paymore for a move-in ready home. (Fix that leaky faucet, squeaky door, broken window pane.)
8. Most buyers are looking for updated decor. (New light fixtures, kitchen/bathroom faucets & hardware, new countertops, updated flooring are all cost effective.)
9. Most buyers (about 90%) start their search for a home on the internet. (This is why it is important to have your home staged BEFORE the photos are taken for the MLS or private listing. Those photos are the all important 'first impression' buyers will get of your home.)
10. Most buyers are looking for lots of organized storage. (Clean out those closets, shelves, etc. If these are overflowing, it will give the impression that there is not enough storage in this house.)
If you have difficulty getting those points across to your sellers, maybe I can help you. Canadian Certified Staging Professionals (CCSP) are trained to handle these situations. We can save you the stress of having to criticize (even though it is constructive criticism) your clients' homes and also free up your time for you to pursue other aspects of your business.
Call or email Homestyling by Cathy. We are here to help you help your clients.
Phone: (709) 341-7115